GCI RESEARCH PAPERS //
100) D.N. Dewees, Changes in Transportation Performance and Accessibility in Metropolitan Toronto: 1964-71, August 1978, 56 pp.
99) P.S. Morrison, The Effect of Subway Construction on the Market for Neighbouring Residential Properties in Toronto: Expectations and Speculative Pricing, July 1978, 39 pp.
98) J.W. Simmons, Migration and The Canadian Urban System: Part II, Simple Relationships, July 1978, 83 pp.
97) B. Wellman and B. Crump, Networks, Neighborhoods and Communities, Approaches to the Study of the Community Question, August 1978, 40 pp.
96) L.S. Bourne, Emergent Realities of Urbanization in Canada: Some Parameters and Implications of Declining Growth, July 1978, 50 pp.
95) J.B. Cullingworth, Housing Allowances: The British Experience. A Brief Review of the Background to, and the Provisions of the British Allowance Program, December 1977, 31 pp.
94) L.S. Bourne, Perspectives on The Inner City: A Review of its Character, Decline and Revival, February 1978, 84 pp.
93) J.W. Simmons, The Great Canadian Factor Analysis: Dimensions of Variation in the Canadian Urban System, February 1978, 45 pp.
92) B.G. Hutchinson and D.P. Smith, Transport Characteristics of 30 Canadian Urban Areas, November 1977, 32 pp.
91) L.S. Bourne, On the Complexity of Urban Land Use Change: Or, What Theoretical Models Leave in the Dust, November 1977, 54 pp.
90) B. Wellman, The Community Question. Intimate Ties in East York, August 1977, 65 pp. (Replaces No. 84).
89) D.N. Dewees, Changes in Urban Accessiblity: A Preliminary Analysis of Metropolitan Toronto, 1964-1971, July 1977, 46 pp.
88) P. Foggin and M. Polese, The Social Geography of Montreal in 1971, May 1977, rpt. from Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique, 37 pp.
87) R.G. Rice, Transportation in Toronto: Problem, Policies and Solutions, May 1977, 49 pp.
86) L.S. Bourne, The Housing Supply and Price Debate: Divergent Views and Policy Consequences, February 1977, 63 pp.
85) J.W. Simmons, Migration and the Canadian Urban System: Part I, Spatial Patterns, February 1977, 45 pp.
84) B. Wellman, Urban Connections, December 1976, 60 pp.
83) D.M. Nowlan, Towards Home Rule for Urban Policy, November 1976, 27 pp.
82) D.M. Nowlan, Development Control in Toronto, October 1976, 32 pp.
81) S.M. Makuch, A Study of Statutory Powers to Provide Community Services, July 1976, 99 pp.
80) L.S. Bourne, Spatial Patterns and Determinants of Land Use Change in Metropolitan Toronto, June 1976, 43 pp.
79) W. Michelson, Reversing the 'Inevitable' Trend: High-Rise Housing in Sweden and Denmark, May 1976, 36 pp.
78) H.F. Andrews and H.J. Breslauer, Moving From a Housing Project: Residents' Expectations and Former Members' Perspectives, February 1976, 86 pp.
77) H.F. Andrews and H.J. Breslauer, Cooperative Housing Study: A Preliminary Analysis of Activity Diary Data, February 1976, 88 pp.
76) D. N. Dewees, Some Effects of Conversion from Streetcar to Subway Transit Lines in Toronto, January 1976, 37 pp.
75) H.F. Andrews and H.J. Breslauer, Residential Movement: Choice of a Cooperative Housing Project, February 1976, 78 pp.
74) H.F. Andrews and H. J. Breslauer, Reflection on the Housing Process: Implications from a Case Study of Cooperative Housing, February 1976, 62 pp.
73) H.F. Andrews and H.J. Breslauer, Cooperative Housing Project: An Overview of a Case Study, Methods and Findings, January 1976, 42 pp.
72) J.R. Miron, Models of Urban Economic Growth: A Review, January 1976, 43 pp.
71) D.N. Dewees, Congestion Costs in Urban Motoring: Some Toronto Estimates, January 1976, 39 pp.
70) J.W. Simmons, Canada: Choices in a National Urban Strategy, September 1975, 92 pp.
69) L.S. Bourne and D. A. Griffith, The Spatial Organization of Urban Land Use: A Statistical Evaluation of a Classification, August 1975, 69 pp.
68) L.S. Bourne, Limits To Urban Growth: Who Benefits, Who Pays, Who Decides? A Commentary on The Current Planning Climate in Toronto, August 1975, 34 pp.
67) W. Michelson and K. Garland, The Differential Role of Crowded Homes and Dense Residential Areas in the Incidence of Selected Symptoms of Human Pathology, December 1974, 33 pp.
66) L.S. Bourne, Frameworks for Locational Decision-Making in National Urban Strategies: A Review, November 1974, 41 pp.
65) J.W. Simmons, The Growth of the Canadian Urban System, November 1974, 28 pp.
64) D. Tannenbaum, People with Problems: Seeking Help in an Urban Community, June 1974, 104 pp.
63) H. Friedmann, Are Distributions Really Structures? A Critique of the Methodology of Max Weber, July 1974, 42 pp.
62) J.W. Simmons, Canada as an Urban System: A Conceptual Framework, May 1974, 55 pp.
61) W. Michelson, The Place of Time in the Longitudinal Evaluation of Spatial Structures by Women, October 1973, 40 pp.
60) W. Michelson, Environmental Change, October 1973, 97 pp.
59) P. Craven and B. Wellman, The Network City, July 1973, 63 pp.
58) B. Wellman, The Network Nature of Future Communities: A Predictive Synthesis, March 1973, 15 pp.
57) M. Woodyard, Components of the In-Migration Stream in Central Canada, October 1972, 44 pp.
56) S. Chamberlain, Aspects of Developer Behaviour in the Land Development Process, August 1972, 59 pp.
55) P. Reed, Situated Interaction: Normative and Non-Normative Bases of Patterned Social Behaviour, March 1972, 37 pp.
54) J.W. Simmons and A. M. Baker, Household Movement Patterns, February 1972, 55 pp.
53) S. Schulte, P. Craven and B. Wellman, Interactive Path Analysis (IPA - API): A Computer Programme, January 1972, 19 pp.
52) J. Siegel and M. Woodyard, Urban Growth and its relation to the Urban Hierarchy in Central Canada, December 1971, 39 pp.
51) J. D. Berridge, The Housing Market and Urban Residential Structure: A Review, January 1972, 53 pp.
50) P.D. Harper, Alternative Land Use Futures for Metropolitan Toronto, November 1971.
49) G.M. Barber and J. N. H. Britton, Occupational Structure and Population Growth in the Ontario-Quebec Urban System 1941-1966, November 1971, 23 pp.
48) F.I. Hill, Migration in the Toronto-Centred Region, October 1971.
47) B. Wellman, P. Craven, M. Whitaker, S. DuToit, H. Stevens, The Uses of Community: Community Ties and Support Systems, August 1971, 65 pp.
46) J. Siegel, An Empirical Study of the Urban Hierarchy and its Relation to Growth in Southern Ontario, July 1971, 20 pp.
45) L.J. Lord and J.R. Miron, Modelling The Impact of Proposed Transportation Networks on the Toronto-Centred Region, July 1971, 30 pp.
44) J.W. Simmons, Net Migration Within Metropolitan Toronto, May 1971, 48 pp.
43) M.J. Hodgson, A Dynamic Programming Model of Highway Network Development, March 1971, 29 pp.
42) J.N.H. Britton, An Occupational Grouping of Ontario-Quebec Cities, February 1971.
41) J.W. Simmons, Patterns of Interaction Within Ontario and Quebec, November 1970, 53 pp.
40) G. Bushell, An Optimizing Model of Traffic Assignment for The Freeway System of Southern Ontario, October 1970, 75 pp.
39) R.D. MacKinnon, A Note on the Changing Spatial Patterns of Traffic Flow on a Major Transportation Facility: Highway 401, Ontario, October 1970.
38) L.S. Bourne and M.J. Doucet, Dimensions of Metropolitan Physical Growth: Land Use Change, Metropolitan Toronto, September 1970.
37) G.T. McDonald, Background to Constructing a Synthetic Model of Agricultural land Use in Ontario, September 1970, 47 pp.
36) W. Michelson and P. Reed, The Theoretical Status and Operational Usage of Life Style in Environmental Research, September 1970, 31 pp.
35) M.J. Doucet, Trends in Metropolitan Land Use and Land Consumption: Metropolitan Toronto, 1963-68, July 1970, 28 pp.
34) F.I. Hill, Spatio-Temporal Trends in Population Density: Toronto 1932-1966, July 1970.
33) R. D MacKinnon, Transportation Forecasting: A Brief Discussion of Some Important Issues, July 1970, 25 pp.
32) A.J. Scott, Transportation and the Distribution of Population: Some Entropy Maximizing Models, June 1970, 20 pp.
31) L.S. Bourne, Dimensions of Metropolitan Land Use: Cross-Sectional Structure and Stability, June 1970.
30) G. Hodge, A Probe of Living Areas in the Periphery of the Toronto Urban Field, July 1970.
29) G. Hodge, Cottaging in the Urban Field: A Probe of Structure and Behaviour, April 1970, 18 pp.
28) G. Hodge, Patterns and Parameters of Industrial Location in the Toronto Urban Field, April 1970, 24 pp.
27) L.S. Bourne and C.A. Maher, Comparative Explorations of City-Size Distributions: The Ontario-Quebec Urban System, April 1970, 31 pp.
26) W. Michelson, Selected Aspects of Environment Research in Scandinavia, March 1970, 22 pp.
25) G. Gad, A Review of Methodological Problems in Estimating Urban Expansion, February 1970.
24) J. W. Simmons, Interprovincial Interaction Patterns in Canada, February 1970, 54 pp.
23) Gavin J.A. Smith, A Systems Approach to Toronto's Future Transportation Network, January 1970, 36 pp.
22) W. Michelson, The Physical Environment as Attraction and Determinant: Social Effects in Housing, November 1969, 22 pp.
21) W. Michelson, Analytic Sampling for Design Information: A Survey of Housing Experience, November 1969, 34 pp.
20) W. Michelson, Space as a Variable in Sociological Enquiry: Serendipitous Findings on Macro-Environment, 1969, 29 pp.
19) M. John Hodgson, Highway Link Addition Model for South-western Ontario, October 1969, 50 pp.
18) Ross D. MacKinnon and M. John Hodgson, The Highway System of Southern Ontario and Quebec: Some Simple Network Generation Models, November 1969, 44 pp.
17) Gerald Barber and L.S. Bourne, Structure and Process in Small Urban Centres: A Test of Some Preliminary Hypotheses, September 1969, 28 pp.
16) R. Van der linde, Urban-Rural Relationships: A Survey of Research and an Empirical Test, September 1969, 46 pp.
15) Alan M. Baker, Models of Spatial Behaviour in Urban Environments, August 1969, 20 pp.
14) L.S. Bourne, Forecasting Land Occupancy Changes Through Markovian Probability Matrices: A Central City Example, August 1969, 24 pp.
13) Ross D. MacKinnon, Dynamic Programming and Geographical Systems: A Review, July 1969, 39 pp.
12) Leslie Curry, Univariate Spatial Forecasting, July 1969, 38 pp.
11) Gunter Gad and Alan Baker, A Cartographic Summary of the Growth and Structure of the Cities of Central Canada, March 1969.
10) C.A. Maher and L.S. Bourne, Land Use Structure and City Size: An Ontario Example, January 1969.
9) Gerald Hodge, Comparisons of Structure and Growth of Urban Areas in Canada and The U.S.A., February 1969.
8) G.T. McDonald, Trend Surface Analysis of Farm Size Patterns in Ontario and Quebec 1951-1961, September 1968, 55 pp.
7) E.B. MacDougall, Farm Numbers in Ontario and Quebec: Analyses and Preliminary Forecasts, September 1968, 41 pp.
6) J.W. Simmons, Flows in an Urban Area: A Synthesis, November 1968, 69 pp.
5) L.S. Bourne, Trends in Urban Redevelopment, August 1968, 20 pp.
4) S. Golant and L.S. Bourne, Growth Characteristics of the Ontario-Quebec Urban System, September 1968.
3) T. Bunting and A.M. Baker, Structural Characteristics of the Ontario-Quebec Urban System, September 1968.
2) L.S. Bourne and J.B. Davies, Behaviour of the Ontario-Quebec Urban System: City-Size Regularities, September 1968.
1) L.S. Bourne and A.M. Baker, Urban Development in Ontario and Quebec: Outline and Overview, September 1968.